Acrylic nails are known as artificial nails. They can be done either at a nail salon or even at home. Acrylic nails are pretty and very common among women because of the versatility that acrylic nails give girls when it comes to expressing themselves. They can be painted with whimsical design and styles. Some women even have acrylic nails pierced and fitted with nail rings.
Instead of letting their earthy fingernails grow, women choose to wear acrylic nails because this is simply impossible for them to have long fingernails. Long fingernails can make a woman feel gracious and feminine, but sometimes, when fingernails are allowed to grow up to a certain length, they become breakable. With acrylic nails, ladies can have the pleasure of having long fingernails without the fuss and associated with the nail’s brittleness.
There are two ways of getting acrylic nails. You can do it yourself or get your nails done at a beauty salon. You need to have your acrylic nails redone once every two weeks. It is best to have it done by nail professionals at a salon if you want your acrylic nails to be absolutely perfect. However, you can do them yourself by buying an acrylic nail kit in your local beauty store. Here is how you can do it.
1. Clean your nails and cutting your nails first before applying your acrylic nails that will prevent injuries to your nail bed in case your fake nails get caught by accident. Push back your cuticles and remove the old polish left on your natural nails.
2. You can rubbing the nail bed with a grit filing block, but it is said that this can make the acrylic nails stick more closely to your natural nail. However, this can damage your natural nail bed in the long run.
3. Let them dry after you are cleaning your nails. Once dry, apply some nail glue and then carefully place your acrylic nail. Before the glue gets dry, adjust them to fit your nail closely to prevent them from looking crooked.
4. Never snap them off if you made a slip in placing your acrylic nail, never. You would end up tearing your natural nail off your finger. In this case, what you do is to soak your finger in a nail soak to dissolve the glue. Now, you can simply repeat the process of gluing it on your nail once the acrylic nail is off.
5. Especially if you find them too long, cut back your acrylic nails to your desired length.
6. Mix the liquid acrylic and powder acrylic and then put the mixture on your acrylic nails (an acrylic nail kit always includes some liquid acrylic and powder acrylic). Much like how you would do it with nail polish on your natural nails. To prevent fungi growing on your nails, never let the mixture touch your natural nail bed.
7. Buff your acrylic nails and apply nail polish.